TRANSfer III – Mitigation
TRANSfer III – Short-term Expert Support on Mitigation Actions in Urban Transport
The TRANSfer III project provides technical assistance in partner countries in developing and emerging economies especially in Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN), North Africa and Latin America to facilitate the development of ambitious urban transport mitigation actions. The project aims to:
- Establish and manage the Mobilise Your City (MYC) initiative to support climate friendly transport in developing and emerging economies;
- Generate standardised toolkits for mitigation actions in urban mobility;
- Support the development of at least 8 ready-to-implement mitigation actions;
- Develop knowledge products and provide a stage for disseminating good practices at a global level.
To realise the above actions, STEs in TRANSfer III project will engage with partner countries to identify, prioritise and design mitigation actions. It will also support partner countries in increasing their technical capacity (in the form of technical workshops, study tours and trainings) and to design financing concepts and increase the access to international public and private finance. The areas of STE support are:
- National Urban Mobility Policies/Programmes (NUMPs), which involves capacity building of the stakeholders, increase awareness on transport and fuel technologies, institutional setting, impact assessment and monitoring and evaluation;
- Improving Urban Transport Systems, which involves providing expertise on integrating existing modes with efficient public transport and non-motorised transport;
- Fuels and Vehicle Technology, which involves support on major decarbonising options through vehicles and fuel technologies applicable and implementable in the target region;
- Financing, which involves advice on preparing measures and developing potential bankable projects that could be presented for international public and private financing.